Friday, July 6, 2012

Pin It

It Will Rain

R. A. I. N.
Its been raining and pouring outside. Usually here in the Philippines, the month of June and July are the rain months. Since I don't have classes on Fridays, I really have nothing to do besides watching TV, eating and most of all sleeping all day long but today I decided to catch up on my late blog post yet again. I don't know if its just me but every time it rains it feels so gloomy, lonely and let me tell you, the gloomy and melancholy feeling does not do me any good! I couldn't even think about how I can be productive for the day but oh well I guess it turned out okay. It was okay because I slacked the whole day through, watching the "UNFORGETTABLE" TV series which is pretty interesting. If you are fond of CSI or detective stories then you should watch this, I really recommend it. [THUMBS UP!]



Moving on, you might be wondering why am I even talking about rain? Well, today's nail art inspiration is the rainy weather.


For this rain inspired nail art, I used


KONAD Regular Polish (Pastel Green)
KONAD Special Polish (Black Pearl)
Image Plate M8 (for the umbrella)
Dotting tool (to make the rain)
KONAD Top Coat 

Here's what it looks like when you apply 3 coats because 2 coats still seem too sheer for me.

You might be wondering why I chose pastel green, when I could've chosen a blue shade for the background.
I guess I wanted to give the nail art more light to it and add some twist. 


Pretty cool huh? I was supposed to quit on this design because I thought my "rain" isn't that equally distributed but then I thought that's what's going to make this design a work of art. Most of my nail art designs are always planned but this one is different. Completely unplanned and unintentional, I guess this is the melancholy rain feeling rubbing off on me.

I actually had difficulty putting the dots on my left fingernails (see first picture of the post) because its just my third time in using a dotting tool. I love how I can do nail art on both hands! Wipee! :)


With a rainy weather in tow, most of us would rather stay indoors like me! If its not watching TV, you'll probably find me in my lair (my bed) sleeping or lying down just listening to music with my iPod. 



Here are some songs I've  listened to with the word "RAIN" in them. :)


Mad by Neyo
"I know sometimes it's gonna rain, But baby can we make up now"


Rainbow by Southborder
"There's a rainbow always after the rain"


and finally my favorite


It Will Rain by Bruno Mars
"Cause there’ll be no sunlight
If I lose you, baby
There’ll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away
Everyday it will rain, rain, rain..."



What's your song when it rains?

9 comments:

Inah Borcelas said...

That is so cute! O.O <3 <3
Follow back? A Girl's Galaxy

Sharp As Nails by Angela said...

@Inah Hey! :) <3 Thanks!
Sure will do :)

eyerin said...

I bet you won't feel gloomy with this nail art. pastel green is such a pretty color it uplifts ur mood (for me)

Sharp As Nails by Angela said...

@eyerin Very true. Pastel green calms your mood. :)

Emy Augustus said...

Aw I love those little umbrellas. You say you made them using an image plate? What is that exactly?

Sharp As Nails by Angela said...

@EmyAugustus They were actually a bit big for my natural nails. :) Thanks.

Yes I made those "little" umbrellas by using an image plate. It serves as a template so you can put special polish on it so you can stamp the image engraved on the plate to transfer it on your nail.

sharpasnails said...

Hey ♥ thanks! Will surely follow. :)

sharpasnails said...

I agree with you. Pastel green calms your mood. :)

sharpasnails said...

They were actually a bit big for my natural nails. :) Thanks.

Yes I made those "little" umbrellas by using an image plate. It serves as a template so you can put special polish on it so you can stamp the image engraved on the plate to transfer it on your nail.

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...