Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pin It

When In Doubt Wear Red

Red is the hottest color of the warm colors. This post may seem ironic now that its raining cats and dogs here in the Philippines but the classic red seems to fit any occasion. I've been stuck here at home the whole day since classes for all levels are suspended due to the heavy rain. Out of boredom here's what I've come up with. I decided to paint my nails red.


Not satisfied with a plain color, I've added a floral abstract nail art to pair with this loud color. 


Do you notice the stones? See more of this here...


Hihi :D I'm actually excited to show you these because it's my first time putting rhinestones on my nails. I wanted this nail art to have a simple yet elegant feel to it. Rhinestones are really a great way to give your nail art a sophisticated look but remember not to overdo it. :)


For this nail art I used,

KONAD Regular Polish (Candy Red) - Base Coat
KONAD Special Polish (White) - Design Coat
KONAD Special Top Coat
Rhinestones (Silver)
KONAD Image Plate M60 
KONAD Stamp & Scraper Set




This nail art is quite easy to do. As you can see, it is possible to do all fingernails on both hands. You just need to practice most of the stamping nail art technique and you'll be able to get it in no time.


Isn't the color gorgeous? Red is a really strong color so if you want to tone it down try adding a cool color. As for mine, I added a nail art design to cool it down a bit.



 The red color has more personal associations than any other color.

It is usually associated with emotions like happiness or anger and it easily grabs attention.

According to a source,
the red color has an effect on us both mentally and physically. Not only does it stimulate energy but it also increases enthusiasm, encourages action & confidence and gives a sense of protection from fears and anxieties.



As for me, I think I'm wearing red because...

"Red is the ultimate cure for sadness." 

--Bill Blass



How about you, what's your color for today?


3 comments:

Mobile Shop said...

I lyked the stone one..hehehehe!!!!!!!

Hack your symbian Anna Belle

Sharp As Nails by Angela said...

Thanks! :)

sharpasnails said...

Thanks! :)

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...