Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pin It

9/11 Tribute Nail Art

Hello!
Most of the nail art I have created are usually just an aesthetic design for the nails but now I've decided to make it more worthy of publishing. The primary reason for this nail art is to give tribute in remembrance of  those men, women, children, police, firemen and others who have lost their lives to the 9/11 terrorist attack which most of us might have already forgotten.






I received this baller from my older cousin (Ate Karla) in awareness of the 9/11 event. My grandma (Nanay Celly) who was also with her during their visit, told me about how the 9/11 memorial museum was filled with grief and mourning. My brother who was able to visit it last year couldn't help but cry just seeing the letters written  in post-its of children (post-its were formed that of the Statue of Liberty) to their parents they've lost. If I am to visit USA again, I'll be sure to visit the 9/11 memorial museum.


Here are more pictures of the baller and how I did the nail art...




This is what it says on the other side of the baller. 
"UNITED BY HOPE"


Up close picture of the baller. "9/11 Memorial"


As for the nail art, the materials I used are:


1. KONAD Double Side Stamp, Plastic Scraper & Image Plate Holder
2. KONAD Image Plate M17 & M18
3. KONAD Regular Polish: Blue Pearl (apply as base coat)
4. KONAD Special Polish: White (apply as design coat)
5. Etude "Jelly Pop" Top Coat


Here are the steps on how to do it:
1. First, you have to put a base coat. I used KONAD's Blue Pearl Regular Polish. This isn't too shiny and         not that plain. It has the right amount of glitter-ish material that makes it look like satin or a pearl.




2. Use KONAD Image Plates (Image Plate Code: M17, M18) with letters to stamp on your nails.
    The ones encircled in white are the templates that I used.


3. Stamp away and it will turn out like this. Lastly, put a top coat for a shiny protective finish. :)


Hope you guys like it! 

If you need more information on the 9/11 Memorial Museum, check out this link.
If you need KONAD Stamping Nail Art materials and is living in the Philippines, click this.
         If not, check out the official international website of KONAD here.
If you wish to request for a more detailed stamping nail art tutorial, feel free to message me :).

 "UNITED BY HOPE"
Don't hesitate to say what you feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...